Custom & Portraits
Custom orders are OPEN for the month of August! Only limited commission slots will be available after that for the holiday season.
I'm happy to create a custom painting of any species, at just about any size! Birds are my specialty, but I paint many different animals. Please look over the general pricing and sizes, then contact me at email@example.com and let me know what ideas you have, and the size/background/framing you are interested in. We'll work together to plan the perfect painting within your budget. Once a project is planned, I require a 50% deposit before beginning, with the remainder billed upon your approval of the finished piece. Orders are usually complete within a week or two, depending on my schedule and the complexity of your project.
Each listing in this collection has more detailed information about the types of custom projects I offer, and examples of past work. Costs are generally comparable to my similar already-created works.
1. View my custom information and examples to get an idea of the available styles and options.
2. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your budget, size range, and ideas of how you'd like your piece to look. Also send photos if it's a pet portrait.
3. We'll discuss your project and I'll create a sketch.
4. Upon approval of the sketch, I'll create a 50% deposit listing for you to purchase (website accepts credit cards or paypal).
5. Usually within a week, I'll send photos of the nearly-complete painting before I add the final details. At this point I can make minor alterations.
6. Upon your approval of the finished painting, I'll create a 50% balance listing for you to purchase, then I will varnish and ship.